Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Wednesday, October 15- I Remember When...


I remember when I lost hope
I remember when cynicism took hold
I remember when humanity disgusted me
I remember when I grew jaded and cold

I remember realizing the world was close to dead
I remember running to it full speed ahead
I remember going mad, living inside my own head

I remember when you refused to see the truth
I remember when you created more delusions
I remember when they scrubbed the minds of all the youth
I remember when you lost your chance for absolution

I remember a city on fire
I remember a situation most dire
I remember laughing, as the world went to its pyre

I remember when I gave in to fate
I remember when the mass called for forgiveness
I remember when I told you that it's too late
I remember when you traded depth for glibness

 I remember nothing
 I remember blanks
I remember void
I remember hate



No comments:

Post a Comment